Proposed residential developments in the Port Adelaide area will ensure continued growth and revitalisation over
the coming years. Part of the Government’s grand plan is to commission 1300 homes as well as shops,
café’s, hotels and a public promenade, across 21ha on the surrounds of the Port River. It will
represent $280 million worth of private investment, as well as 350 construction jobs and 2,000 ongoing jobs
in Port Adelaide
Part of the development plans include:
- Starfish Developments; a $168 million residential project due to commence April 2018 of Port Adelaide’s Dock 1 Development, which will feature 750 homes with townhouses and apartments.
- Cedar Woods Developments; 500 homes at North West and Fletcher’s Slip.
- York Civil plans to transform Cruickshank’s Corner into a tourism destination.
- Two major projects due to commence at the Osborne shipyard; $35 billion future frigates build and the $50 billion Future Submarines project generating 3,000 new jobs on site by 2021.
- Port Dock Railway Line project; $16.4 million allocated by the State Government for train services linking the Port’s commercial centre and residential precinct to the Adelaide CBD.